Monday, November 17, 2008

When Doves Cry

I love birds. Wild birds, Tame birds. Whatevah!

I've fed the doves here because I love to hear them coo in the evenings. Remember that baby bird from when we moved in here? I'd link you to it...but it happened when I was on Yahoo blogs....and those pages don't link well.

Anyway...I digress.

Today I was in the living room doing some moving prep kind of things (playing Legos Indiana Jones on the X-box) and a dove flew right in my back door and straight to the window on my front door. Then she beat the hell out of her head trying to fly through that window.

I grabbed Pugly by the collar and Ran to open the door for her. Thank goodness she stopped thumping and landed. I opened the door and she flew right off.

I think that's a good sign. I'm always watching for "signs."

Past signs (off the top of my head)
-The double rainbow the day we moved into our German house.
-The baby Dove that adopted our yard when we moved in here.
-The hummingbird that flew into the garage the other day...right before the storage packers arrived. (I've been trying to cultivate a "flock" of them at the feeder...but they never came.)
-I could go on and on. But I have MANY, MANY other things to do. The packers arrive TOMORROW!

So don't freak if you don't hear from me for a while.
Love, Ang


Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality.
Wake Up and Live!
-Bob Marley-

No comments: