Saturday, June 30, 2007

On the Nightstand; In the Bookbag

2007 Books
1. The Pull of the Moon-Darlene Graham(romance) (Jan07)

2. The Knitting Circle-Ann Hood (03Feb07) I really liked this book. Loved the way it was written and the story around it.

3. The Shop on Blossom Street-Debbie Macomber (16Feb07) This book is basically the Hood book, but with a rosier ending. It's Romantic Fiction at its almost finest. (with some knitting thrown in there)

4. A Good Yarn-Debbie Macomber (20Feb07) Again, been there...done that...just with different problems to the characters. Great for a light, summer read. LOL Maybe three in a row of the same plot were too much. Moving on now.....

5. Lonesome Dove-Larry McMurtry-07Mar07- My Aunt has recommended this book several times. I'll take the hint and finally read it. LOL -Fantastic book...

6. The Gentleman Pirate- Janette Radcliffe (romance) 26Mar07

7. Forgotten Husband-Helen Bianchin(romance)02Apr07

8. The Child Bride-Suzanne Forster (romance) 06Apr07

9. I Thee Wed-Amanda Quick (Romance) 09Apr07-One of the better romance/intrigue novels I've read in a while.

10. A bunch of Non-Fiction books about Parrots/Knitting/Gardening/Parenting

11. Crow Lake-Mary Lawson (07May07) Very Good! Not an action packed tale, but a fascinating look at family dynamics and what it means to sacrifice. Couldn't put down.

12. The Bean Trees-Barbara Kingsolver (08May07)-Night Shifts = Mama gets to read her heart out. Good book!

13. Eragon-Christopher Paolini-(17May07)-What a tragedy that this wonderful book was turned into a very mediocre movie.

14. Eldest-Christopher Paolini-(26May07)-Sequel to Eragon. What a glorious Trilogy. All the critics are giving him grief for depending so heavily on Tolkien, McCaffery, Star Wars, etc...but screw them. What have they written? It's a great story. I've read my way through all the famous Fantasy writers and it's nice to enter that genre again with a competent author. (LOL he's only 20....so I'll expect to be a lifelong reader.) Is it somewhat juvenile? Yeah...but he was only FIFTEEN when he wrote it. Back off Haters!

15 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling (02Aug07) Oh. My. Gosh.

16 Extreme- Sharon Osborne (16Sept07) -She's alot of things....but she's not weak. More like snapshots of her life than a cohesive narrative.

17 Snow Flower and the Secret Fan- Lisa See - Review (19Sept07) Very moving!

18 Needled to Death by Maggie Sefton-(28 Sept 07) Knitting and murder....It was ok...but not excellent reading.

19 Isolde-Queen of the Western Isle by Rosalind Miles-(15Oct07) This was book 1 of a trilogy. But I wasn't impressed enough to finish the others. It was good...but not THAT good.

20 The Long, Hard Road Out of Hell- Marilyn Manson (27Oct07) Not for the faint of heart.


21 The Devil Wears Prada-Lauren Weisberger-(27Oct07) Yes, I read books two at a time. *rolls eyes*

22 Kazunomiya, Prisoner of Heaven, Japan 1858- Kathryn Lasky -This was Junior Historical fiction. It filled the need...but wasn't that wonderful. (I've started and stopped a few books this month....couldn't find anything I really wanted to read)

23 Dragon Rider- Cornelia Funke (2Dec07) Another JF (Juvenile Fiction) book....Very cute, I'll have to read it to LB when he gets bigger.

24 The Mistress of Spices- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni- WOW!!! It reminded me of Chocolat...but with more.....um.....magic. Definitely worth another read!!

25 Inkheart- Cornelia Funke (17Dec07) I preread this for Littlebear. It's a little dark for him though. Maybe when he's +10.

26. Bound-Donna Jo Napoli- (18Dec07) A short paperback...easy read. It's bacially a retelling of Cinderella in a Chinese (Ming Dynasty) setting. The language is beautiful, but I've read better. LOL I need to start reading adult books again. These Young Adult books are so....*Yawn*


27. The Notebook-Nicholas Sparks (29Dec07) If you loved the movie, read the book. But make sure you have plenty of Kleenex. Worth a second read!!
LOL I think that's all for this year. I can't believe I read 27 FICTION books. I felt like I didn't read much. I guess I did.
See you next year.
Ang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss non-required reading :)