Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Money's no good here....

I haven't had a good rant in a while...so I'm due.

Let me know if I'm way off base here. Because I'm REALLY trying to keep a lid on it:

(Beautiful 70 degree afternoon..and I'm tired of smelling Lysol)

Littlebear and I walked the two blocks to our big MegaMart for Laundry detergent and some grilling veggies. (Oh, and some chocolate)

I grab my change bag because, hey, I don't want to move to another country and bring all this American change with me.

So we get our four items, wait in line for 10 minutes, and count out about 8 dollars in quarters.

We finally get to the cashier. And guess what....she would not let me pay for my $7 dollar tab in change.

"I need it in rolls from the bank."

WTF? Um ok....I say seeya and walk over to the Panda Express to see about getting a sidedish item for dinner. 6.00 tops. Not a soul in the place.

"No, we don't want change."

I've NEVER heard of a small business that didn't need change.

So screw them both. I've always thought that money was money....I guess it's not.

Love, Ang

PS Walking home I had a great idea. I should have bought 1 of the veggies for a dollar....Got in line again ....bought another dollar.....line again.....another 2 dollar. It would have only been 4 times.

No comments: