Friday, September 12, 2008

Google Earth

Backstory: I have reoccuring dreams. I always dream about my Grandma Carol's farm, my teenage years in Omaha on 60th street, and the Yutan house.

I love the Yutan-house dreams. They center around me going back and buying this house and having it be completely mine. My pop-psychology side says that I'm just trying to reconcille with the last place I lived before my childhood became topsy-turvy. *shrug* I believe it.

It still makes for good dreaming.

Anyyyyywayyyyyyy

If you want to see what this house looks like now...follow me:
open a new web page and type this in:

http://maps.google.com/

Now, type in this address:
234 4th St, Yutan, NE 68073

Switch the view to "Satellite" and zoom in.

An icon with a real picture will pop up and say "Street view." Click on that. You may have to drag the mouse around. On my computer it orients the camera on the opposite side of the street. It's not the gray house without the window. It's on the other side of the street. You'll see the front porch has white slats.

You can "walk" up and down this street. Also you can see the side of the house/garage by walking up Walnut street.

It's sad though. You can't properly see the front of the house. The trees are too big (And I remember them as saplings.) They also took out the Babyforest, the hedge, and the plum tree on Walnut street (I used to climb that tree) I can't see, but the raspberry bushes by the garage look gone too.

It was nice to see my old school, the "main" street....and where my little friends lived.

(snaps back to reality)

Now, if you know my current address...type that into the goole map box and you can see our house. Of course the truck is the wrong color!! (click for info)

Hmmmmm who to "spy" on next. My parents' streets are not on here. But I showed littlebear where he lived in Germany...and where we lived in Colorado. I even walked up and down the main throughfare of Silver Creek. (Grandma Carol's town)

If I didn't have to deal with the cheaters/bad guys. I think I could have been a private eye. I LOVE finding these things online.

bwahaha
Love, Ang

No comments: