Wednesday, January 30, 2008

*Sigh* another LB Drama

Hey Everyone,
I've been keeping my eye out for a blog post, but fortunately, my life has calmed down dramatically.

1) I met the Librarian after school today. She actually came out to meet me. I guess, according to her:

Parent of Littlebear Jan 30,2008
LB was severely disrupting library today: running around, not listening, stacking up chairs when he was supposed to be listening to a lesson in the library, and distracting his classmates from listening.
Please sign the form and return it tomorrow.


*Sigh* Didn't he just get done with punishment. So, again, we wrote an apology note and took away all electronic entertainment. I wish I knew how to get through to him. I didn't act this way, nor did my siblings....so I have no clue what to do. I've done all the "recommended" punishments. I think Papabear's going to start spanking. I doubt that will do much, but we'll see.

2) My job is still going REALLY well. My girlfriend Roseanna is encouraging me to become a member of the circulation staff when a part-time slot opens up. It would be nice to earn 2.5 times what I do now (with the same amt of hours), but I'm scared. This job is just too good. It's VERY flexible with days off, and I'm not sure I can deal with irate patrons. Some of the people are just nasty. What's your advice?

3) One of my favorite perks about working in the library is that I get the choicest picks on DVDs/books. I found a little gem of a BBC production. It reminds me of Pride and Prejudice. It's a little slow, but if you're a fan of this genre, then you won't mind. Oh yeah, it's called "Wives and Daughters." Look for it at your library/netflix.

4) Crafting-I finished up a birthday surprise for my Uncle. Hopefully I'll get my Aunt to snap a picture of him for me...then I'll post it. I'm still slogging away on the cuffs of those German Socks. I keep them in my bag and work on them during my downtime. I'm going to start keeping them by my chair in the evening. LOL it always happens this way. I'll soar through the sock only to bog down on the cuffs. "I.....think....I.....can......"

5) Reading- I've been reading a few books. "Chicken Soup for the Dieter's Soul" and "The Lost Life of Eva Braun" (Hitler's mistress) It's somewhat slow and dry...but I find it fascinating. The author really is sympathetic to Eva.

I guess that's it.

OH! I forgot. I saw this book today in the kid's section: "Brain Surgery for Beginners." I got such a kick out of it! Basically it's describes how the body works to small children. Run, Fido, Run! Timmy's got a knife!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Responding to the job opportunity I say go for it. You could maybe step back if you don't like it but it sounds like a growth opportunity for you and more experience to put on your resume.

Regarding LB my son acted up in 2nd grade. He was the class clown. I think he was bored. In 3rd grad his teacher recognized the problem and helped him focus his energies on things he liked to do. No problems after that.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the LB Dramas. Nugget does something similar in her pre-school; she's disruptive, won't listen to her teachers, and "does her own thing." We have also started to eliminate her favorite forms of entertainment until she straightens up, but I'm wondering if this is something indicative of her age, or a heads up to what we have to deal with in the future.

Anonymous said...

Do you plan on being a member of the circulation staff? Just curious ... what's the reason for such nasty patrons?

I think you can handle it ... take Skipper's advice from Madagascar ... "Just smile and wave."

:)