Saturday, February 2, 2008

Uncle Dave's Hat

Uncle Dave's Hat
US Needle 8
Redheart SuperSaver Yarn
(I'm actually developing a true friendship with this yarn...It works up nicely and wears like iron with little or no specialty care)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my first project FINISHED project of 2008. LOL! This is the third incarnation of it too. I did swatch the yarn before I knit with it (although I didn't stretch out the ribbing.) Took the head measurement (without decreasing for stretch) and knit up half a hat. Then I tried it on....*laugh* Jabba the Hutt could have worn it. Second incarnation wasn't quite right. Third (this one) was just slightly larger than my head...so I thought it'd be ok. Turns out its about an inch too big...LOL Oh well, it's pretty good for just knitting off the hip. I'm going to make him two more "corrected" ones so he'll always have one. :)

It arrived JUST in time for U. Dave's birthday. (Birthday #1 on my New year's Resolution) He's happy...I'm happy.

Back in the 80's my Grandma Carol made us all a rainbow cap. Being stupid and young, I didn't appreciate mine (it was too loud) I'm just glad I can carry on the tradition. (A cranial hug for my Uncle)

I actually cried when I held the old hat from my Grandma. I miss her more than ever.
Love, Ang

Littlebear was crazy AGAIN on Thrs. We actually went into the school and apologized to his Humanities teacher. On Friday, I switched tactics. I wrote "Green Day. Park." on his hand to help focus his mind. He DID get a green day and I let him play on the playground for a half hour. Hopefully, since he doesn't have to wait very long for the prize, he can maintain his composure all day.

We did try the "If you get a green week, we'll take you to ColdStone." But I think the wait for the end of the week was too abstract to keep him in line. I'll keep you informed on how it's going.

Love, Ang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Dave rocks in that hat!