Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Master Cleanse- Day 7

Weight- 165

Whew! The Last Day! No more Salt Water flushes!


I'm putting together a list of my Tips/Tricks.
  1. Research the diet. Read everything you can on it. I suggest going to Whole foods/Library and getting Stanley Burroughs' book on the Master Cleanse. It's more of a pamphlet than a book. (Beware, it's written in Hippyspeak....)
  2. KNOW the reasons for undertaking this detox diet. If it's only for weight loss...it'll be tough to stick with. You REALLY need to be in it for the health/detox reasons.
  3. Get rid of the junk food in the house. And limit the TV watching time. The commercials didn't bother me (A big Arby's sandwich dripping in grease "sauce" doesn't tempt me, but it may if you're used to eating meat. It was the chocolate Easter bunny commercials that did it for me. Oh that Cadbury bunny is so gonna get it!)
  4. Go online and find Master Cleanse blogs that inspire you. It seems EVERYONE is doing this diet...and blogging about it. Go find one and refer to it whenever your motivation is lagging. Here's a good place to start Master Cleanse Blog
  5. Find a Hoodia supplement. I'm not sure if this really helped or was a placebo, but I didn't feel hungry at all. And I quit using it after the second day when my body went into "fast" mode.
  6. Stock up on Toilet Paper! 'Nuff said!
  7. Take Naps if you need to. My co-worker/girlfriend said that she was bouncing off the walls while she was detoxing. I did NOT have the same experience. I require alot of sleep normally. So see what your body does....and don't feel guilty for napping.
  8. Buy Listerine! You're mouth will taste like a feed lot. Besides, you'll enjoy the flavor break from the Lemonade.
  9. Measure out the full day's servings of Lemonade. Nothing beats freshly squeezed lemons for their enzymes, but it's very inconvienent to keep making servings. Here's what I used: 64+ ounces of water (A half gallon. I used an old milk jug that I marked with a Sharpie), 3/4 cup of lemon juice (the juice from three lemons), and 3/4 cup of the special syrup he advises you use. (you're not supposed to use pancake syrup. His rules, not mine) and mix it up in a jug. I carried around the jar of Cayenne to add to my individual servings. (If you add it to the jug, it'll stew and be undrinkable by the time you're at the bottom of the jug)
  10. Shift your focus from "I can't eat." to "I'm detoxing my body for a better me." It will really help! I know, sounds hokey....but it works!

I think that's it for my list. Take it with a grain of salt (or two teaspons seasalt and a quart of water! - Ha!)

Love,
Ang

No comments: