Sunday, September 2, 2007

Roses without Thorns Necklace

Notice the time at the bottom of this post....I couldn't sleep. I had this idea in my head about a half hour ago.....and Voila'

I haven't gotten the hang of photographing jewelry...so trust me...it's prettier than it looks.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's the full necklace and the lobster clasp. I have it draped over two clips and hanging over a napkin.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here's a closeup of the roses beads. These are glass beads with roses/leaves blown into them. Very cool!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And these are the little accent beads. Metal roses with pink bicones. Gives the necklace a little more drama than just plain beads. Didn't photograph well, sorry.

I'm going to make some hoop earrings to go with these...but that's a project for tomorrow (later today I guess)

Goodnight.
Ang

(the next morning) I found a good resource for photographing jewelry. Lets see how my photos improve. I did finish the earrings.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's amazing what ideas come to mind when insomnia sets! It's gorgeous!


I noticed that a lot of knitters and spinners are using a type of light box/tent -- the background is a dead give away. Still, some do a good job and some, not so good. If you're trying to get a close-up of your jewelry, use the Macro function on your camera (if you have one). Also, get an inexpensive table-top tripod, so you don't have to use the flash when you use your light box. I don't use the flash on my camera, but if I must, I use a removable flash that I can tilt and swivel.

HTH :)