Saturday, January 31, 2009

To market, To market to uy a fat pig...home again, home again jiggidy jig

Hey all,
Friday I headed out to the market with two girlfriends who live close by.

Market reminds me of what it'd be like if a Super Wal-Mart threw up all over a city center. You can find literally EVERYTHING at a market. Our market happens every Friday.

I have a theory that it's more a social gathering than an economic one. You'll see elderly people smooch and hug like they haven't seen each other in ages. And lots of baby cheeks get pinched. It's a feast for people watching.


Market



Here's one of the Mom's I went with and her daughter. Next time I'll do more picture taking and less gawking.




Market hairstick



I started wearing hairforks last spring when I bought my first one with Kate at the AZ RennFaire. I love mine!! I wear it about 4-5 times a week.

My only gripe is that it's stained red. And red doesn't go with everything.

So I went online Thurs to find a more neutral one...*GAG!* the cheapest one I could find was 20 bucks (plus S&H) and then I found this one at the Market yesterday.

THREEE EURO!! ($4.50) And he had a whole cup full of them. I bought one to try out because it's thinner than my other one and I was worried about breakage. But it's just as nice as my other one, so I think I'll go back next Friday and buy a few more for my friends with long hair. If you want one, let me know.

Tomorrow we're headed out to Milan (1hr away) to visit their cathedral. WOW! Click here to visit it. So check back next week, I should have great photos.

I know I still owe you a virtual tour of my life...I'm working on it. Actually I'm waiting for a sunny day so I can take pictures of my neighborhood.

I'm not sure if you want to see the inside of my house. There's nothing in it. I was going to wait till my furniture came then blog that. If you MUST see inside pictures, let me know and I'll snap a few.

Love you!
Ang

PS We went over to a girlfriend's house today. She lives about 10-15 minutes away. Her boy is just a year older than Littlebear...so it was so nice to let those two just go crazy. (he's a "Boy" boy like Littlebear)and not worry if LB was too crazy. *laugh* they both were.

No comments: