Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No More "Samus"

Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.
Lao Tzu (c.604 - 531 B.C.)
Source: Tao Te Ching


I've come to the realization that I'm never going to finish this sweater. I fell in love with Samus and eagerly knit up the cabled band only to bog down in the stockinette stich sweater. Added to my pain was the fact that it was knit out of that Redheart Supersaver yarn (not my favorite yarn choice.)

I figured it was time to cut my losses and frog the S.O.B. I didn't have the heart to undo the band though....So I reincarnated it into something I'll use (or give away)......a scarf.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I'm adding an applied I-cord border to stop curling and neaten up the edge plus some fringe....I'll post a final picture when I'm done.
Love, Ang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya' ... that same thing happened to me. I finished one front and just quit. Maybe when the weather gets colder I'll have the motivation to finish the darn thing!