Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hubris

Hubris - from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hubris or hybris
(Greek ὕβρις), according to its modern usage, is exaggerated self pride or
self-confidence (overbearing pride), often resulting in fatal retribution. In
Ancient Greece, "hubris" referred to actions taken in order to shame the victim, hereby making oneself seem superior.

I've been working on about 8 pairs of boxers.
Cut them all out....
Sewed up the leg seams...
Serged the appropriate places...
Turned them inside out...
And OH SPIT!!!!!!

It seemed Someone, suffering from Henry Ford syndrome, just folded the fabric in half and cut out the pattern. What that Someone didn't realize in her quest to finish this project is that when you fold a piece of fabric in half - one half of the fabric faces up....and the other half faces down. GAH!

I have boxers of dogs facing up on one side......and standing on thier heads on the other. Cars that drive upside down and flags in distress. I think I'm going to ask Papa if he minds about the dogs/cars...but Luc's boxers and the flags have got to be scrapped. I'll cut the upside down side into quilt blocks. Thank goodness that I have leftover fabric to work with.

(I just realized that even though I'll make boxers out of the flag I'm offended by upside down flags. I guess if Papabear loves flag boxers and takes them to war, I can keep making them. I'll think of it as "He's Red, White, and Blue down to the skin." Anyway if flag boxers offend you, sorry.)

*sigh* I think I'm just going to shut the door and worry about it tomorrow.
Love, Ang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh ... you had a moment. I feel for you ... happens to the best of us :)