Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Boulce' Eyelash Mobius

Boulce' Eyelash Mobius

Yarn: LionBrand Boulce' (Popsicle) 3 skeins, Lionbrand FunFur (Black) 2 skeins

Needle: 15US

Pattern: Idea from Mobius Shrug by Knit Picks
(click on anything underlined...it's a link to more information)


When I was in Germany my Aunt Jeanne sent me a whole box of GORGEOUS yarn. I was still knitting scarves and Novelty yarn was hard to come by in Germany.

Well, I outgrew scarves really quick, so I saved my yarn for better projects. As I was searching my stash for Dylan's yarn, I came across this gorgeous yarn.

The picture does NOT do this yarn justice. The colors are the pretty sherbert colors, but it takes a bold personality youth to wear them out in public. Hmmmm... how can I get my pretty yarn fix, but still keep my dignity? Then I remembered an episode of "Knitty Gritty" about combining yarns. TAAAAHHHH DAHHHH!!!


So I grabbed this eyelash yarn and went to town. I knit a really thick scarf/stole thinking I could just wear it as a wrap. Then I remembered seeing those Mobius scarfs and being wowed by them. And this is what I came up with. It's a little long so I'll wear it this way awhile. If it gets too annoying, I'll shorten it...no biggie.


The Yarn with the Eyelash and without. See the difference?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to knit one of those! Your shrug looks comfy!

Jeanne said...

You're getting very proficient at knitting. I have wondered, though -- how does a knit shrug fit with 116 degrees?? You guys need to move somewhere where there's a winter. (I just happen to know of such a place.)